If you're responsible for preparing scrambled eggs for a school, brunch, church event, work or other gathering and need to know how much to buy and prepare to feed a crowd, you'll can get an estimate of how much you'll need per person using this calculator.
Scrambled eggs are actually easy to make for a crowd. You can even offer your guests a variety of toppings to make your eggs more "eggciting". The recipe used by the calculator is for buffet-style eggs used by restaurants which are baked in the oven. They are fluffier than traditional home-style scrambled eggs, and won't dry out as quickly during serving time. If you are serving smaller quantities, you can even cook these scrambled eggs in the microwave (50% power in a 1100 watt unit, stir at 5 minute increments until "set"). If you prefer home-style scrambled eggs, just cut your liquid amount in half.
Just enter the number of guests you'll be serving and the calculator will provide you with a breakdown of the ingredients you'll need to prepare for your event or gathering.
The calculator will give you an estimation of the ingredients and quantities you'll need to feed 10, 25, 30, 50, 100 or more guests. You can even print out the results.
If you prefer to use your own, you can use the Recipe Multiplier http://calculate-this.com/recipe-multiplier-calculator to convert your recipes to the ingredient quantities you'll need.
Scrambled Egg Recipe For A Crowd (And Cooking Basics):
- Use large eggs; this ensures the proper cooking yield. A large egg's cooking yield is 3.25 TBSP or 50 ml or 50 grams (gm)
- You can prepare the scrambled egg mixture the night before as long as it is kept properly refrigerated until shortly before cooking.
- Bring the egg mixture to room temperature right before cooking. This ensures that it will cook uniformly.
- Cook the egg mixture in the oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes in uncovered glass casserole dishes greased with butter.
- Stir the egg mixture every 10 minutes and remove from oven when they are just "set".
- Use a crock pot (or slow cooker) to hold your scrambled eggs until serving time. It will keep the eggs at the perfect temperature without having to continually check on them.
- Diced ham
- Minced onions
- Shredded Cheddar
- Chopped green pepper
- Chopped chives
- Hot Sauce
The calculator will provide an estimate of items needed for your scrambled eggs based on standard serving sizes. Please come back and leave feedback after your event on how the Scrambled Eggs For A Crowd Calculator worked for your get-together!